Clayhall Group Practice – Complaints Procedure in accordance with the Complaints Procedure
Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager or to any of the doctors in the practice. Alternatively, ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager to discuss the problem. He/she will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure your concerns are dealt with promptly. It would be a great help if you can be as specific as possible about the complaint.
We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt of your letter, and aim to have looked into your complaint within 10 to 15 working days from the date you raised it with us. In some cases we may not be able to complete the investigation within an agreed timescale, the practice will contact the complainant to explain the reasons for any delay and give an estimated date of completion.
In investigating your complaint we aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong.
- Enable you to discuss the problem with those concerned.
- Invite the complainant to discuss the matter as part of a local resolution process.
- Ensure you receive an apology where this is appropriate.
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
You can take the help of NHS Complaints Advocacy service – POhWER on 0300 456 2370 or [email protected] or write to them at POhWER, PO Box 14043, Birmingham, B6 9BL.
Complaining to Ombudsman.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent of government and the NHS. You can contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033, email [email protected], fax 0300 061 4000 or via post-Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP. Further information about the Ombudsman is available at www.ombudsman.org.uk
Complaining to NHS England.
Please contact on 03003112233 or email: [email protected]
The majority of problems arising between doctors and patients are ones of communication. You can help us to avoid these in a number of ways:-
- If you feel unhappy about anything, please say so at the time. We will not take offence and will be happy to try and put matters right immediately.
- If you are unsure about any information was given to you, whether clinical or about medication, please ask for it to be repeated or written down.
- If you feel that a member of staff has not dealt with your problems adequately, please ask to speak to the supervisor or Practice Manager.
- Be prepared to give some clinical details if asking for an urgent appointment or call. The receptionist will be able to help you better if they understand your situation.
- If you have worries about clinical problems please ask to speak to a doctor.
- If you would like some more general information about the practice, ask for a practice leaflet or you can visit our website at Reception.
- If you need complaints information is other formats/languages, please contact reception.
Clayhall Clinic, 14 Clayhall Avenue, Ilford, Essex IG5 0LG Tel: 0208 551 3193
Roding Lane surgery, 2 Roding Lane, Woodford, Woodford Green, IG8 8NR, Tel: 020 8559 0280